Friday, April 30, 2010

This... is bliss

A contented exhaustion takes over and I collapse spread eagle into the grass. My fingers comb through the cool, freshly trimmed blades and they retaliate by tickling behind my ears. The sun aerates the clouds, stabbing it's way through here and there, spotlighting the ground and twinkling diamonds through my eyelashes. My whole body, still tingling with the adrenaline of a good long run, gives in to gravity, sinks into the lush green blanket, relishing being so close to the earth and guarded by Tulip sentinels. A crisp breeze skates up my exposed skin, licks my lips and before it can escape, my nose shaves off a slice for my lungs to savor. Birds practice their springtime songs, chimes on my porch accompany them and my soul... dances.

This... is bliss.

No comments: