Monday, June 1, 2009

The Highlights

Just a short two months ago, I was writing about being back in the States, visiting my wonderful friends and spending time in a "home" again and now... my time is up and my compass is set for Peru - My next big Adventure!

I never can believe how quickly time flies and I want to appologize for my lack of blog fodder. It is not that I haven't had much to write about, on the contrary, I've simply let the blog slip while I enjoyed the finer aspects of being in America. In an attempt to catch up and also avoid verbosity, I've collected a list of April and May's highlights.

In attempted chronological order:
Utah
  • Seeing Alisa, a pure light in my life, and her adorable and expressive little one, Crosby.
  • Watching Crosby grow up before my eyes and getting to know D a little better.
  • 'Reunion Time 2009' with a surprisingly big turnout of fellow HHS Rams, most with signifigant others and/or children in tow.
  • Somewhat watching the Jazz game, but mostly catching up with Brandon and getting a lesson on iphone applications :)
  • Playing Dress-up on more than one occasion, especially our entertaining 31c scoop night at Baskin Robins dressed in full Indian/Bengali regalia - Saris, bindis, bangles and all!
  • Girl Talks.
  • Reuniting with Gabe after 10 years!
  • My first fly-fishing experience in Flaming Gorge with Mason and his brother, despite the blizzard!
  • Annual visit to Red Butte Gardens and the addition of a secluded river walk.
  • A Bees double-header with Steph and the infamous Travis.
  • Dinner with Natalie and Drinks with Alex.
  • My first round of frisbee golf.
  • Introducing Brandon to Letterboxing and inventing a new game, 'Shuffle-Golf', on a green with a view, nearing midnight.
  • Seeing Steele.

Oregon

  • Spending more time with my good friends, Dan, Nikki, Dave, Lauren, Adam and Kate.
  • Seeing Thomas again as I joined the Titanic Tour for a couple weeks of 'hard' work :)
  • Alina's first Birthday party.
  • New friends, Bart, Dawn, and Dixie.
  • Introducing TK to letterboxing, learning to longboard, playing tennis, basketball, handball and bowling. Nalgene chocolate balls, coastal snapshots, daily blossoms and the magic wand ;)
  • The Sammamish River Trail and taking Dixie for a roll.

Washington

  • Spending quality time, like drives to waterfalls, with my parents.
  • Playing catch in the sunshine and chatting about life with my dad.
  • Rootbeer floats and washing the car with my mom.
  • Dressing up for Jazz Night and seeing Laura several times.

As always, my heart goes out to all my friends. It has truly been so so nice to see you all and Im already looking forward to seeing you again. Next entry will be from the Country of Peru, my 33rd!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Ah, I loved reading this. You even make bulleted highlights heartfelt and interesting, and I like that style. Making a list. We are both so good at that in our own ways, aren't we?

A rootbeer float sounds DIVINE! Crosby and I made a trip to Baskin-Robbins to get my free birthday scoop and I thought of us (;

I should emphasize once again how wonderful it was to have you stay and spend all of that time. I still can't believe how much you fit in everywhere you go. Family and friends are what make life worth living, I love you Jess!

PS I am starting out slow but running my first 5k tomorrow!

Can't wait to see the Peru update.